If you can dream it, you can do it.
/Walt Disney/

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Circle in a Square. The Pattern

   
Circle in a Square


  I've received a few questions about my last Circle in a Square Baby Blanket. So today I want to share with you the pattern.

  American Terminology:
ch - chain
sl st - slip stitch
dc - double crochet
st - stitch, stitches
sc - single crochet

   The Pattern:
Ch 4 join in ring with a sl st.

  Round 1:: ch 3, 11 dc in ring, join with a sl st in first dc (12 dc if you will count the initial ch 3 as a dc stitch). Turn piece – now your are working on the back side.

  Round 2:: ch 3, dc in same space, 2 dc in each of next 11 stitches, join with a sl st in first dc (24 dc).

  Round 3:: ch 3, [dc in next st, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next st] - repeat 10 more times, dc in next st, dc in last stitch (from which comes the initial ch 3), ch 1, join with a sl st in first dc. That's it! Cut the yarn! The circle is ready! Don't forget to turn your piece, because the right side is the first round facing to you.

  Round 4:: Let's turn our circle into a square! In this round we are working in ch 1 spaces only, so you have to join a new color in any chain 1 space. There are a few ways how to join a yarn. I prefer here the standing sc: make a slip knot and just work a sc in the desired space while holding the slip knot on your hook with your finger. Come about? Then make ch 2. So this sc and the ch 2 are made the initial dc stitch. Work 2 dc in same space, ch 1, **3 dc in next space, ch 1, (3 treble, ch 2, 3 tr) corner made in next space, ch1, 3 dc in next space, ch 1 - repeat from ** 2 more times, then 3 dc in next space, ch1, corner in next space, ch1 and join with a sl st in first dc (not in the initial stitch). Cut the yarn!

Ready! You got a lovely square with a cute small inner circle. Could you see the first round is the right side, the next two rounds - wrong side, and the last square-round is again the right side.

I hope everything is clear! I want to see your circles, your squares, I will be glad to see your variations on my Facebook.

Have a sunny week as we have now! 
 Yours Olga

For the Link Party:
Annemarie's Haakblog
One Artsy Mama
~ Did you make that? ~
Craftionary
My Merry Messy Life 
Petals to Picots

4 comments:

  1. Very nice pattern.. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Thanks so much for linking up on Hookin On Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello :) Thank you for sharing this patter, I think it's adorable and its been fun to work up some squares. I was just wondering if you could tell me how many chain 1 spaces I should have by the end of Round 3, I'm counting 12, is that correct?
    Looking forward to turning my circles into squares! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to make this for my niece who is expecting a baby in May...can you tell me how much yarn is required.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments! I'm answering usually through e-mail. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips